She did great through all of our sessions at the clinic. Eating 5-6oz each time and keeping them down well. I did all the feeding. In the first session, I fed her with the therapists and doctors watching on the monitor (it is a strange feeling to know we are being watched!). Then, in the other three sessions one of the therapists sat in the room with me to take data (marking each reaction to each bite) while I fed Sunshine. I think this was to get her accustomed to the room and the routine and the therapists again. I don't think she will have any trouble with them feeding her, and I am hoping they start that soon!
But then, supper came and we were only 15 minutes into her 30 minute meal before she couldn't keep it down any longer. I was pretty discouraged. Please pray we can find answers to that problem!
Sunshine weighed in at 23lbs 12oz. That is 9oz increase from when we left three weeks ago...even though she was throwing up at home too. Hooray!
We were all so tired throughout the day. Bedtimes have been difficult so we could use prayer for that also. We all need rest in order to get through these five weeks. It is hard for me to imagine how this session will go, knowing how tired we were by the end of three weeks last time, and that we are starting this session already tired from our packing/moving frenzy. We need to prioritize rest.
We are here with another mom and 2yr old girl who is just starting the program. They will be here six weeks, so it will be nice to be here together the whole time we are here. We have enjoyed getting to know them and our girls love having another little friend to play with.
In the afternoon, Buttercup got a birthday card in the mail. She pulled a $20 bill out of it and asked, "But why is this in here?" We told her it was money and her eyes got so big. "REAL money? So, if I go to the store and there is something I want to buy I can buy it with THIS!??!" She is over the moon excited to get to spend her real money!

No comments:
Post a Comment