Even as I type the title, I remember, "We are still at the beginning of our time here. We still have lots of time to see progress. Don't get discouraged. It's going to be OK."
We had another bout of vomiting this morning and are trying to sort out the cause of that and how to keep it from becoming a pattern (or more of a pattern than it already is.)
Overall, Sunshine did well with her eating today though. I've noticed that over the past few days, the amount of food has increased by a few ounces, but the amount she has drunk has decreased by almost the same number. So, her totals have stayed about the same throughout the week. They have increased spoon size, and that may be contributing to her increased food totals! Yay. Today she got just over 14oz of food and 11oz of drink. (This past Tuesday, it was 11oz of food and 15oz of drink.)
But really, today was all about Buttercup. Today is her 4th Birthday and we had fun celebrating her.
 |
| This morning Matt made her a special "4" pancake for breakfast and she wore her birthday crown on and off throughout the day. |
 |
| Sunshine got to wear her crown too, though it only lasted a few minutes while she dutifully posed for a picture. |
 |
| Buttercup helped me decorate some cupcakes to share with the therapists at the feeding clinic. She also got to eat one, of course! |
 |
| This little "gift giver" was SO excited to open birthday presents! |
 |
| And I'm sure she will be well entertained for a while with her new puzzles and coloring projects! She is excited about trying out her new roller skates tomorrow too. |
 |
| I love this sweet, generous, giggly, thoughtful, dedicated, spirited, imaginative, friendly girl! Happy Birthday! |
No comments:
Post a Comment