Today we received the first bit of promising news about insurance approval of Sunshine getting therapy at the feeding clinic. And, while it isn't the full approval we had hoped and prayed for, it is still approval, which is huge! Sunshine has gotten partial approval from medicaid, which will cover a certain number of days of therapy. We haven't been given an exact number, but the ball park we're estimating based on the info we do have is about 3 weeks worth of intensive therapy (out of the requested 8weeks). The clinic is will still contact Sunshine's secondary insurance to see about coverage for additional days.
We also found out that the schedule for August is full and there is a small waiting list to get on the schedule, but because we have been waiting so long, we are near the top of it. So, we are tentatively planning (and continuing to pray) for the feeding clinic to happen sometime in September.
As I processed this "yes" today, I kept coming back to the idea that God knows what therapy Sunshine needs and how much time she (and we) need at the clinic. She has progressed so much in the last 5 months and I am excited to see how much further she can go during this intensive therapy.
There is something so comforting about a schedule, even a tentative one, that I can plan around! To know that we will be here for August and can continue to meet with people and see friends is great. It is almost August and with schools beginning, I had been wondering what to do with Buttercup while we're waiting on this unknown trip to the feeding clinic. So, to know that we'll be at the clinic so soon after schools begin and it's OK to not enroll Buttercup in a preschool here is great! I am excited to do some "home-school" activities with her while we're at the clinic. Then, we'll look for a good option for her in Colorado Springs when we get there. Also, to have a month to pack up and prepare for this next big move is good for my sanity.
Rejoice with us in this "Yes"!
No comments:
Post a Comment