Sunshine's secondary insurance has approved the remaining requested therapy!!! We are astounded and so thankful. Both of us were near tears at the news. We will be able to be at the feeding clinic for the full two months, with all the medical expenses covered. God is so good.
We've been in such a long waiting game for this, that I just had to laugh when Matt told me we couldn't schedule exactly when we'll be able to go yet. Evidently the person who will do that is out of the office all of next week, and will likely be so swamped when she returns it will take a few days for her to contact us about it. Sigh, what's 12 more days when we've already been waiting months? So, we're expecting to be there in the September-October range, but actual dates won't be set until the beginning of August. Also, once that is scheduled they'll be able to schedule with the Ronald McDonald House so we can stay there for the duration of Sunshine's therapy.
We've been talking to Buttercup about the upcoming transitions for a long time, and bring them up often so she is somewhat prepared when the time comes. Today we got to tell her that she might get to have her birthday (end of September) while we're at the feeding clinic (a.k.a. at the Ronald McDonald House). I love how this girl just takes everything in stride; instead of being upset that she may not get to have a party with friends she knows well, she said, "Yay! I've never had a birthday there!" She and I may both get to celebrate our birthdays there, and frankly, I couldn't be happier about it.
Rejoicing with you, and praying for extra special birthdays all around.
ReplyDeleteHello! I was just given your blog address from a friend, Jen Lavery, who mentioned you knew each other long ago as MKs. We worked together last year in Kenya. We, too, have a sweet little one with Down syndrome and love connecting with others on a similar path. I know you're focusing on your daughter's time at the feeding clinic right now, but perhaps we can connect at a time that is good for you. I write at TheMangoMemoirs.com and have a contact tab there. I will certainly be praying for your beautiful Sunshine! (I'm sorry if this is the 2nd comment to go through. The first seemed to disappear.)
ReplyDeleteAngela