Thursday, October 2, 2014

(Round 2) Week 2, Day 4

Today was a very rough day for feedings.

Sunshine vomited a lot during her 2nd feeding session, leaving only 2oz for the total intake of that meal.

Her total oral intake for the day was 22.7oz.
That is 8oz less than we have been getting this week.

She didn't take a nap today so she was pretty "out of it" and fussy in the afternoon.

I was pretty discouraged to hear about the vomiting episode and have tried to figure out any possible thing that could be the cause of it.

Please be praying we can figure this out!




The good things that happened today:
- Sunshine tried new pureed foods--eggs and ham, and mac n' cheese with seasoned hamburger meat!  She did great with both of those!
- Buttercup got to build her princess castle. It took over an hour of dedicated work and she loved doing it.  Papa and Tia were there to help with most of it and I got to help her finish when Sunshine and I came back from the clinic.
- We are going to try a new milk/yogurt combination tomorrow to see if that helps at all (one of my "pulling at straws" attempts to find a cause for the vomiting.)

They were having such fun putting all the pieces together!
Such dedication!
The finished product!  The goofy girl did not want to get a picture with her masterpiece.
Tomorrow Sunshine will get weighed.  I am really hoping she has gained weight this week since she lost 2oz last weekend.  I would love to see that she had gained more than that in the week!  We've tried to keep her calories up, despite the vomiting, and I think it is possible!

It has been fun to see how amazed Anita is at Sunshine's progress.  Since we hadn't seen her since before our August therapy sessions, she can see the drastic difference and improvement!  Even though it wasn't that long ago, it is so easy for me to get discouraged and the "little things" that we are struggling through right now and forget about the BIG improvement and accomplishments we have seen!



No comments:

Post a Comment