Sunday, October 12, 2014

(Round 2) Week 3, Weekend

This weekend we managed to do five feedings each day.  Success!  However, each meal's volume was lower than we hoped it would be so our total volumes for each day were pretty low (23oz or so).  And this morning, Sunshine threw up during her first meal because of a gag she couldn't recover from.  Bummer.  Sunshine's cough has seemed deeper and her congestion seems worse at night than it has.  That is very discouraging too.  Especially because I am sure it is affecting her eating.

I am a little skeptical that she gained much weight over the weekend.  We'll see tomorrow though!  I hope and pray that she has!  Looking at her volumes though, it would take a miracle.  We did our job of not counting calories, only counting ounces, so, we did what we were supposed to do!  I just hope we don't have to go back to county calories.

Buttercup was trying out Sunshine's chair while she drank her smoothie.
We did have a fun weekend though!  Saturday Buttercup and I did some shopping.  There is something about a new pair of jeans and sweaters that just make ya feel like a million bucks.  (Sounds like there's a country song in there somewhere..."a pair of jeans that fit just right...").  Anyway, we had fun and she was very helpful in picking things out and asking me all the right questions to see if things fit.  Love this girl. I see many shopping trips in our future.

At Target...I loved watching her make faces at herself in this mirror.
Buttercup also helped with a bit of grocery shopping we had to do.  She did great!
Sunshine loves to play with balls.  Thankfully there are quite a few around here!  She is learning to throw (and how to say "throw").
Papa and Buttercup playing a game called "10 Days in Asia".  This was naturally followed by a make believe trip to Indonesia.
Here's to another week!  Praying for health and progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment