Thursday, August 28, 2014

Week 3, Day 4

I can't believe we are almost done with our three weeks of therapy.  We have only one day left, and while I know that sessions will continue tomorrow (she does still have to eat, after all) there is a finality to it that I don't feel ready for.  Even today we started getting information for our feeding protocol at home--how to continue what has been started in different circumstances.  It's a little overwhelming as we've had to think through what life is going to look like these next three weeks.  I can't even comprehend it fully and we are going to have to truly take it one day at a time, praying all along for everything to get accomplished.

Hey there, cutie.
Today Sunshine did great.  By the end of supper tonight she had eaten/drunk a total of 29oz and we only had to give her 4oz in her tube (plus a little water throughout the day).  What wonderful progress from where we were three weeks ago.

I am sad that we aren't completely off the tube.  I'll be honest.  But I know she has a number of challenges and it is going to be a long process for her.  She's done in a few weeks what usually takes months.  And I am so proud of her.

Funny girl "relaxing" on a pillow between therapy sessions.

Every Thursday there is a little farmers market set up in the parking lot of the hospital.  As I walked through today, I saw they were giving away free bike helmets.  Buttercup has been playing with a helmet here these past couple weeks and I knew she would be excited to have one of her own (even though she doesn't have a bike to go with it) so I picked one up.  Unfortunately she was kind of disappointed because it wasn't a "barbie helmet and I love barbies."  (She's also never really played with barbies.  Where does she come up with this stuff?)  So we compromised and while we were at the store picked out stickers to decorate her new helmet.  It might not be barbies but evidently she loves Strawberry Shortcake too so she was very happy with it.


Tomorrow is going to be  a long day.  After a full day of therapy, we are going to drive to Indy to stay the night and drive the rest of the way on Saturday.  We are looking forward to seeing everyone back home again!

No comments:

Post a Comment