Friday, October 3, 2014

(Round 2) Week 2, Day 5

*Sigh* We are two weeks into our five week therapy and I have to admit, I was hoping we would be making a lot more progress at this point.  I am discouraged.

Sunshine has continued to have issues with vomiting considerable amounts.  We are doing all we can to help her system move along well, and it just isn't making a difference yet.  And we can't make too many changes at once because then we don't know what really helped.  So we are slowly trying one thing after another and hoping to see some consistent results.  Today the doctor suggested that if we do see a significant pattern and it seems to be an "emptying issue" as opposed to simply a volume in that meal issue, we may see the GI doctor here.  I hope and pray we can get things figured out before that happens, but it is good to know that option is out there.

I went through our food logs and documented 15 episodes in the past month.  How miserable!  I will show her the list on Monday and see where we go from here.

Today was much like yesterday.  Sunshine's totals were very similar (22.4oz for the whole day) because she lost 5oz during her mid-morning meal.

We are going to try hard to fit in 5 feedings each day this weekend (instead of 4 that we've done other weekends), but we know that is going to be difficult also.

Buttercup had a great day today as she and Matt and Anita went to the Children's Museum nearby.  She had a great time playing with the water and exploring all the different rooms of the museum.

Tomorrow I am going with our friend, Melissa, and her little girl to a woman's conference at the church we've been attending here.  I think it will be refreshing for both of us!  I am thankful Matt is able to watch our girls to give me the opportunity to go to this.  Pray for him too as he will be doing 2 or maybe even 3 of Sunshine's feedings while I am gone!

Love that sweet smile!

1 comment: